Chapter 7 Reflection Questions
- What, if any, experiences do you have with engaging faculty in initial conversations centered on gender and sexual orientation?
- Which of the strategies, or activities, presented in this chapter would you be most comfortable implementing and why? Which would you be least comfortable or otherwise reluctant to implement and why?
- Which method for evaluating current practices would be most helpful for your institution, department, or school? What other methods for evaluating current practices come to mind?
- What do you know or imagine being the biggest challenge in approaching your faculty/staff with professional development centered on queer issues? How will you overcome this obstacle?
- How would you justify your stance to include queer issues in your curriculum with a reluctant teacher educator or faculty member?